Dr. Shelley R Berson Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Shelley R Berson?

Choir Director

Wonderful doctor who knows what is medically needed. Gifted

My savior!

Follow up visit today for a sleep study. She's very passionate about educating people on sleep disorders. I never thought that was an issue I had but all the signs point to it and after seeing NUMEROUS doctors last year looking for a cure for my horrible cough, she found the answer! Will follow up with her on allergies next. Looking forward to it as the office staff was fabulous! So excited to finally getting much needed sleep!

Awful experience

I had a 10:30 appt for my sinuses and was not brought into a room until 11:30 and then I sat in there for another half hour. I heard the dr outside the room asking how many more pts she had to see before lunch. She finally came in and began asking me about my sleep habits and if I had ever had allergy testing. I was there for a sinus infection not for a sleep issue. She was very abrupt and didn't have the time to listen to what I was telling her. I would never go back t that office. They were more concerned with collecting my copay than treating me.

I like dr. berson. I trust her medical opinion. She's very dedicated to her patients.

horrible

I went to see Dr.Berson for a cough that I've been having for several months. She started talking about sleep and apnea and told me its because I snore. I tried to explain to her that I have no issues with sleep.She refused to listen to anything that I had to say told me I need to loose a few pounds, gave me an Rx for sleep study told me to make 5 appointments to come back to see her every month, started yelling at the staff like animals to make sure I pay before I walk out the door. It was an horrific exprience, I will never go back. Oh and my cough was taken care of by another caring doctor.

Provides early appointment, but when the staff does not show up until an hour after the scheduled appointment they just pretend like they know nothing. And then laugh at you behind the counter.

I went to see Dr. Berson recently for a second opinion about my deviated septum and recommendations for an ENT/cosmetic surgeon. Due to the timing of the appointment, I had to bring my two sons with me, aged four and two, but they were armed with books and multimedia games. The wait time in the outer office was about 20 minutes, but it was probably because we were 15 minutes late due to a faulty GPS. Once in the examining room, Dr. Berson spent a little time acknowledging my children and reminding us of the no food rule. Then she made sure she gathered a complete medical history from me and took the time to listen to my anecdotal tales. Because this appointment was a second opinion, she did not spend extensive time examining me. However, she made sure that I left with at least five referrals for a surgeon. Dr. Berson's comments seemed to be straightforward and honest, and unlike other doctors, she was not at all condescending or patronizing. And my sons? They were quiet the entire time, playing with their toys. Even though the office was closing, the nurse made sure she gave each of them a balloon for their patience. Extra points there. Based on this experience, I would recommend Dr. Berson.

doesnt listen to the patient

went in with bad ear pain and now its a week later and I am still in severe pain. The Doctor told me it was something I had done, but I tried to explain to her that the pain started well before. Refused to listen to me and had made up her mind on her own assumptions not what I was saying

Great visit

Dr. Berson's staff is very helpful and friendly. Someone sat with me and asked a lot of questions. Dr. Berson is knowledgable, professional and personable. She got to the root of my problem and spent time with me to make sure I understood her findings. I would recommend Dr. Berson to anyone who needs an ENT.

find another dr

Nice lady but the place is a train wreck. It's dingy, borderline dirty. The staff is NOT friendly, they dont even appear to know what they are doing. Id go elsewhere in the future

The worst

Never even examined me. Very proud of her ability to e-scrip. Maybe 1 minute with her told me to come back in 3 months. Not a chance. F/U with an ENT in NYC even he was disdainful of her.

Wait time ridiculous, office staff nasty