Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shelley E Dotson has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Shelley E Dotson has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Shelley E Dotson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Begining with my first phone call to the office to schedule my new patient appointment I was treated very poorly and was a put on hold 5 times during the 2 minute conversation. She was abrupt and acted like I was bothering her by calling. She didn't even bother to ask why I was being seen... Also make sure you call first thing in the morning becuase new patient appointments are next to impossible to get. Once I got to the office they were a little nicer at the front desk.. but the office looks more like a dorm room then a medical facility. the M.A. that took me back was pretty nice.. but a little hyper-active! Good thing was I only waited about 5 minutes in the waiting room and about the same in the exam room. Dr.Dotson was kind and seemed very sympathetic. She ordered lots of tests but by the time I got back to the front desk they had already forgotten to get me my lab slips. The failed to make a follow appointment or request records from my other doctors like they had said they would. It took me one and half weeks to get my lab results .. and they were positive!!!!! I had to call a total of 6 times to the office to even get them and once the girl FINALLY got around to giving them to me she had no idea what she was talking about.She was just reading straight from the sheet and was dumb as a box of hair.. not to mention RUDE!! My recomendation, don't let them "take a message for the doctor or medical assistant" becuase guess what.. they will never get back to you .. stay on the line til you get some answers! overall agravating experience.. . I may continue to go just because the doctor seems good (so far) but she needs to get a handle of her staff!!!!
Dr. Dotson is FABULOUS. She takes very good care of my whole family, and she really does care for her pts. She's never judmental with me, and I am the worst kind if pt: a pain pt. She makes sure I am comfortable. but is cautious in prescribing. I love her to pieces, and can't wait to watch my family grow under her wonderful care.
Dr. Dotson is so good that in spite of getting an appointment being difficult sometimes (she isn't in every day), our entire extended family of 9 people in tucson has her as our primary care doc.She calls you back personally sometimes if it's warranted when you leave a message with a problem, and is very good about referrals to specialists, ADA forms and other doctors notes and calling in prescriptions right away.She really listens, pays attention and cares.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
21 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1997
University Of Minnesota Health Care System
Dr. Shelley E Dotson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Medica Fairview and N Memorial Vantage
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFairview Farmington Clinic, 19685 Pilot Knob Rd, Farmington, MN
Dr. Shelley E Dotson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Farmington, MN.