Dr. Shelley Hoover Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Shelley Hoover?

Great "bedside manner"

Posted on August 17th, 2017

Would highly recommend her.

DR HOOVER IS THE BEST!

Posted on April 15th, 2015

Dr Hoover is wonderful. I first saw her five years ago for my first all body annual checkup. She made me feel comfortable and was extremely thorough in the examination, taking pictures of moles for future comparison. And she even located a mole on my fourth right toe and on my right pinkie, though only the size of a little bitty freckle. I was, and continue to be, impressed. Dr Hoover has removed a mole from my forehead and from my finger, and she has frozen off a pre-cancerous "sore" from the bridge of my nose. I have implicit confidence in her and her diagnoses. She is extremely personable and friendly, occasionally sharing a personal story with me as she draws a correlation to my situation. I never ever feel rushed in talking with Dr Hoover, as she seems to have all the time in the world for me during my visit. Her office staff is friendly, as well. Nancy in Appointments has worked with me in scheduling or, more appropriately, rescheduling my appointments or follow-ups, as she accommodates my hectic schedule. Her Brazilian nurse, whose name I cannot remember, is so kind and sweet, engaging me in conversation. Dr Hoover's offices and bathrooms are clean and bright and always fresh-smelling. There is nothing I don't like about this office, the doctor, or her staff. I just hope I outlive Dr Hoover so I'll never have to see a different dermatologist. It sounds as though I'm being paid for this review. I am not. I was just taken aback by the allegations in the one star rating on here and find it troubling that this poster's review is in total contrast to mine. I've had multiple visits with Dr Hoover, each as good a visit as the previous one. I recommend Dr Hoover highly.

out of touch

Posted on November 30th, 2014

saw her about 8 years ago. Not a good experience and because of her have not gone to another dermatologist, She practically called me a liar about everything I said. She said I had dry skin and ordered cortisone cream, which did nothing to help. When I mentioned I had surgery for sweating of hands, and that it was done thru the armpits, she said that was impossible and that it had to be done thru the back. This is so outdated. It is dangerous and not done for around 2o years She does not seem to stay up on changes in medicine. In my opinion, she has a crude and rude manner!!!!

Posted on January 8th, 2014

Recommend this doctor to all my friends, family, and work associates. Very confident in her abilities.

Only the Best!

Posted on November 16th, 2013

Dr. Hoover has been treating my son for a skin issue for the past 6 months. We have tried 2 other physicians and 3 other courses of treatment with no avail. Dr. Hoover knew exactly what to do and we are so appreciative for her knowledge and concern.HIGHLY recommend her!

No reflection on Dr Shelley, Poor Office Staff

Posted on October 14th, 2013

I am writing this on someone else's account so this is not their reflection, but my own. I had seen Dr. Shelley in middle school, she prescribed me Accutane. They told me I couldn't see her again because it had been so long, and that I had to see Dr. Tran. I showed up 40 minutes early for my appointment, I live and work in the city so this was a trek. I came straight from work, and rather than deciding to stop and eat lunch before going in, I decided to show up early so hopefully I could get out early in a best case scenario. I wanted to HONOR MY OBLIGATION TO FILL OUT NEW PACIENT FORMS, AND GIVE THEM MY INSURANCE INFO, ALTHOUGH I WAS NOT IN FACT A NEW PACIENT. I filled them out with ten minutes to spare before my appointment. My appointment time rolls around, Nothing Happens. Suddenly it's 20 minutes after my scheduled appointment, Still Nothing. FORTY MINUTES LATER I AM TAKEN TO A ROOM. TWENTY MINUTES LATER (AN HOUR AFTER MY SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT TIME) I SEE MY DR. Does she apologize for being EXCEPTIONALLY LATE? No. No mention of it Whatsoever. She told me she would "fix my face" (which actually has very little acne) and handed me a slip of paper for an over the counter script which I "can buy from them" for 30 dollars. Are you kidding me? Don't bother going here. It may LOOK NICE from the interior decorator they hired with all their botox $$, but the way the staff treats people is totally pathetic and deplorable. I wish I could give this place Zero stars. They saw my sibling who is younger than me and in high school and had to MISS SCHOOL FOR THIS APPOINTMENT, AND DID THE EXACT SAME THING TO HIM TOO. THINK TWICE BEFORE GOING HERE, I HEAR STRESS CAN HAVE A PROFOUND IMPACT ON YOUR SKIN -MAYBE THAT'S WHY THEY TREAT PEOPLE LIKE DIRT.

Great Care

Posted on April 22nd, 2013

This practice has been invaluable to me..and my family and friends. We have seen Dr. Hoover, Dr. Tran, and Dr. Wu and are very satisfied with them all. Their compassion, diagnostic skills, and surgical expertise are exceptional. We have had to wait longer than desired at times. But, as the wife of a physician, I can understand the unexpected patient needs that can delay the doctor. We appreciate,also, the dedication Dr. Hoover has shown while dealing with her own health issues over the past year or so. We would never consider leaving her practice.

Terrible Disposition

Posted on May 14th, 2012

As I called to make an appointment, I was told that she is not taking on new patients anymore. I have seen her several times and recommended friends and family see her. I contacted most of the people I recommended her way previously, and was surprised to find out they too, felt her demeanor in the past year has been terrible. I would understand if she notified current patients of her future intentions, but this is wrong.

Posted on July 18th, 2010

I couldn't praise Dr. Hoover enough. She has been so good with me. I had an infected wound which has required extensive treatment. She even saw me extra on the week-ends,as the wound needed daily cleansing and packing. I am elderly and without consistent transportation, so she has seen me at my home on several occasions.I thought doctors like this had gone by the wayside years ago!!

After Almost 4 months of searching, Dr. Hoover Helped Me

Posted on June 26th, 2010

My competent and cheerful F.N.P. diagnosed me with ringworm over four month ago. After 2 appointments, trying three different prescriptions and one over the counter medicine, I was getting fed up. It was embarrassing and with the weather getting warmer, it was getting harder to hide with clothing. I turned to Dr. Hoover. Thanks to her thoroughness and expertise I now know the real diagnosis! She is GREAT, and I am thankful.

Unbelieveable Display of Compassion

Posted on August 16th, 2008

After excision of a skin cancer, my mother experienced profuse bleeding in the middle of the night (she failed to tell Dr. Hoover that she was on blood thinner). When she called the answering service, Dr. Hoover returned the call within 5 minutes..at 2:00 a.m.! Within one hour, she was at my mother's home where she stitched up several veins that were bleeding.....then changed my mother's blood-soaked linens for her!! My mother was unable to meet Dr. Hoover at the office due to the bleeding and her advanced age. A trip to the emergency room would have cost us hundreds of dollars for an ambulance. Needless to say, the care that Dr. Hoover gave my mother is so very much appreciated. I doubt that many doctors would have done this for their patient. Thank you, Dr. Hoover

Thank God for Dr. Hoover !

Posted on June 16th, 2008

Once again, Dr. Hoover has saved my family. She correctly diagnosed my son's problem as early Lyme's disease. She treated him appropriately and prevented his progression to a possibly life-long suffering with the disease. She has done so much for us through the years. I can't say enough about how grateful we are to this kind, caring doctor.