Dr. Shelley Killen Is this you?

Best physiatrist I've ever had

Posted on December 27th, 2015

Dr. Killen is the best physiatrist I've ever had (of the 4 I've seen). She is very knowledgeable about spinal cord injuries, and knows the right doctors to recommend for treatments outside of her expertise (urologist, fertility, orthopedic, physical therapists, wound care, surgeons, etc.) She is more than happy to spend time talking with you about the problems you are going through, understands and is up to date on the durable medical equipment you'll need (wheelchair, seat cushions, shower chairs,etc.) and which ones will work best for your individual needs, very knowledgeable and current on what medications are best for your situation, and works with you to find non-medication remedies for pain management. She is also just fun to talk to, often telling funny stories about some of her other "pill seeking" patients she's had, other SCI patients she's had and how they've managed solving problems you might be facing. She is always very cautious about prescribing narcotic pain meds, opting to try other treatments first. She was also very quick with followup calls and emails, often solving any problems I had without needing to actually make an office visit. It's really unfortunate that the hospital she works for combined her clinic with a "pain management"clinic, which resulted in her seeing too many "pill seeker" types which led her to stop seeing out patients. After 7+ years of her being my physiatrist, I have to find a new one because she only sees in patients now. I already miss her cheerful demeanor. Thankfully, the other physiatrist in the clinic is almost as much fun to work with.

Dr. Killen is the best doctor for RSD

Posted on November 10th, 2015

Dr. Killen fought for me, when my PCP told me the RSD in my foot would go away. She sent me to specialists in St. Paul and also helped me with therapy, meds, and options for treatments. She is an amazing doctor and treats you like a human being, not like some sheep who is seeking drugs. She always showed love and compassion toward me and my family and was always there when I needed her. She was tough on me when I made poor choices-like doing things that would cause flares of my nerves. But she was honest and caring, and I miss her dearly. She was the best doctor I have had, besides my new PCP.

Posted on October 7th, 2015

She is the best doctor. She takes her time. She don't rush you.

best dr in north dakota

Posted on September 26th, 2015

she has been my rehab. and chronic pain dr. for over 10 years she has kept me wanting to live despite the pain and its bad i have r.s.d. for over 25 yrs half my body . most days i can not even wear clothing , she listens to you and treats you like a human being not a number,she understands i do not want to take meds. if i do not have to. which i do too many.1 is too many, but if i want to have even a half life i know i need to. she is always prompt and returns calls in a timely fashion. i respect her as not only a doctor but as a human and lady of god.

Cant wait to see again!

Posted on February 9th, 2015

very pleasant, awesome bedside manner. i felt completly comfortable with her.

Posted on June 29th, 2016