Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Shelley M Shapiro has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Shelley M Shapiro has the following 13 expertise
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Angiographic Visualization
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Dr. Shelley M Shapiro has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 6
Dr. Shelly Shapiro is top notch she is the best I've been with her for almost 9yrs now she is no nonsense she does not mess around as a patient of hers I'm so blessed to have her as my Doctor. When I first came to her I was so bad she was thinking of putting on a heart and lung Trans plant list but she found answer for my problem I've been fortunate to be here for my grand children a little longer and feel strong enough to take care of them. True she. Has a rough exterior but with compassion. She and her staff are NO.1 in the country. I've met other pat 5th at come from Alaska to come see her you won't regret your choice . Thank You Dr. Shaprio
40 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUcla Medical Center, 200 Ucla Medical Plz, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Shelley M Shapiro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.