Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shelley L Williams has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Shelley L Williams has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 31
In 8-10 yrs, she saw me once or twice. She booked me with younger doctors. I'm easy. Problem? They'll suggest drugs first, I didn't like that. The last straw for me was when I had blood work done which I asked for all and specific STDs. The office said I WAS CLEAR. I had a follow up question 2-3 days later and discovered they didn't test me for everything I asked for!!! I called and left msgs for Williams to call me 3 or 4 times about this and she NEVER returned my call. GOODBYE Dr. W!!!!
She is easy to get an appointment with. I've never had to wait very long to be seen. Dr. Williams does not listen to what I have to say. I really prefer to be seen by her PA Michelle. She listens and works with me. Their med tech who draws your blood and takes your BP has an awful attitude. She is rude and got angry with me when I asked her to wash her hands before drawing my blood.
My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Williams and after this last experience will never go back. Everytime we make an appt, it takes at least 40 mins to see someone - a nurse who takes your vitals and then you are put in a room to wait another 10 mins before seeing a dr - who isn't Dr.Williams. On the last visit - I went there early, there was no one else in the room and yet it took 40 mins to see the dr. The receptionist came back from lunch and promptly made a personal phone call before even speaking to me. The intern could not figure out what was wrong with me and my husband said that when she conferred with dr williams that dr williams did not want to be bothered. I was in extreme pain but not one person had a caring attitude. Oh no wait - Dr Williams was very cordial during her phone call in which she asked her friend to remind her to bring her stamp home so she could make it "legit". Avoid this Dr - at all costs.
Dr. Williams is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Shelley L Williams accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAlternative Primary Care, 8241 Georgia Ave Ste 102, Silver Spring, MD
Dr. Shelley L Williams is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Silver Spring, MD.