Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shelly S Lo
Dr. Shelly S Lo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Maywood, IL. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Medical Oncology, Hospice & Palliative Medicine, Internal Medicine and Hematology & Oncology. Dr. Lo is affiliated with Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital and Edward Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Shelly S Lo has the following 4 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Colorectal Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Genetic Counseling
- Breast Cancer
Showing 5 of 7
A more caring doctor, more thorough - you will not meet, other than her former colleagues at LUMC who had left some time ago (Dr. Yao and Dr. Albequerque). Dr. Lo has a most amazing bedside manner; she is knowledgeable and supportive in many ways. As Loyola touts - they treat your spirit, as well as anything else. I was recommended to Dr. Lo 10 years ago and so glad she was available for my care. I've been in her care since, as needed once again, 4 years ago - hence this long-er relationship. She is compassionate, professional and always conscientious.
Dr. Lo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Shelly S Lo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLoyola University Medical Center, 2160 S 1st Ave, Maywood, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shelly S Lo in this video.
Dr. Shelly S Lo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Maywood, IL.