Get the facts about allergic asthma, including who gets it and what the most common symptoms are.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shelly Neitzel
Dr. Shelly Neitzel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ypsilanti, MI, with another office in Ann Arbor, MI. She has 25 years of experience. Her specialties include Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Neitzel is affiliated with Saint Joseph Mercy Livingston Hospital, Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital and St Joseph Mercy Hospital Ann Arbor. She speaks English.
Dr. Shelly Neitzel has the following 2 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. Shelly Neitzel has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Shelly Neitzel has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Neitzel did not make a correct diagnosis on my father. She told him that by looking at his x rays that he did not have cancer because she knew what cancer looked like. Then we received a phone call 4 days later saying that my dad did indeed have cancer. She should not have made assumptions before she had all the facts. She gave our family false hope. I would not recommend her to anyone.
Dr. Neitzel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Joseph Mercy Livingston Hospital
Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital
St Joseph Mercy Hospital Ann Arbor
25 Years Experience
University of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1988
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Shelly Neitzel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ypsilanti, MI.