Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shem Altman has the following 3 specialties
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
- Chemical Pathology
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
- Nutritional Support
- Fluid Testing
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Blood Testing
- Preventive Medicine
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Chelation Therapy
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Tissue Biopsy
- Environmental Illness
Showing 5 of 8
I took my daughter to the Mayo Clinic for lesions all over her body. After thousands of dollars spent, they had no diagnosis or treatment plan to help. Dr Altman diagnosed her within 2 days. And she responded well to treatment. I am grateful for the help he gave my oldest child when the "experts" failed her. Teresa Fonferko
Dr. Altman is very caring, incredibly intelligent and an excellent diagnostician. I am not able to take conventional meds bc of liver disease and after 10 years of illness my entire system was compromised. He was able to diagnose and treat me with integrative medicine and used his extensive knowledge of natural supplements to treat me and get my body back on track. I would still be very sick if it weren't for him. If you cannot figure out what is wrong with you, absolutely go and see him. He is expensive, but you can submit the bills ro insurance and he WILL figure it out and heal you. Truly a blessing that I found him.
I went to the office of Dr. Altman and found him to be extremely education in medicine. I admire this doctor and what he offers his patients. I enjoyed our visit, understanding that Dr. Altman could save my life if I ever become deathly ill. I totally trust and admire this doctor. Any person would be very very lucky to have him as their doctor. This doctor truly loves his work and caring for his patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
39 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Shem Altman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWellness Restoration, 10505 N 69th St Ste 600, Paradise Valley, AZ
Dr. Shem Altman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Paradise Valley, AZ.