Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sheree Scott-Ahwah has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Showing 1 of 1
I met Dr. Ahwah several years ago when I was in need of a pediatrician for my boys. My first reaction was my, she is so young, and how could she be a doctor? But, she was. Shortly after establishing a doctor-patient relationship I became pregnant again with my daughter and it only made sense to have Dr. Ahwah caring for my new baby. So if there is any young, seasoned parent, caretaker or guardian I would recommend Dr. Ahwah she is a caring, patient and very knowledgeable professional who knows her craft. I appreciate her becoming a pediatrician and staying in school all those years to help and care for children.
Dr. Scott-Ahwah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kaiser Permanente South Sacramento Medical Center
25 Years Experience
Graduated in 1988
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions5960 Contra Costa Rd, Oakland, CA
Dr. Sheree Scott-Ahwah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oakland, CA.