Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sheri L Weinstein has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 16
I called months ago trying to get in to see this doctor for fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue (severe). Finally got an appointment; however, NOT ONCE did anyone I spoke with in her office tell me there would be this outrageous fee just to get in. I learned this 4 days before my set appointment by reading this site and seeing a review posted since my going on her wait list. This is disgusting that Sarasota doctors have put their interests in money prior to patient needs. They can limit how much time they want to work by charging these outrageous fees to make up for not seeing many patients; also, limiting the number of patients who need good doctors for serious problems. Having insurance makes no difference to them. Personally, they have left the profession of being a doctor and are now just another business person. I don't mind paying out of pocket for alternative treatments not covered by my insurance as I get those treatments, but requiring I make you richer with just an office visit is totally unprofessional for a person of the medical profession. Another doctor who puts $$$$ before patient care!
I tried to make an appointment as a new patient and was told I would have to be put on a waiting list to join the practice at a cost of $4000 and up in order to see the physician. I'm not from the area but have never heard of such a thing. I have good health insurance and expect to be able to see a physician without buying into the practice. The video on Vitals said she was accepting new patients and never mentions that this is necessary. It's a shame because she sounds like just the type of physician that meets my health needs and concerns at this time in my life but I find that disturbing.
22 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Sheri L Weinstein accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSarasota Wellness & Internal Medicine, 2650 Bahia Vista St Ste 102, Sarasota, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sheri L Weinstein in this video.
Dr. Sheri L Weinstein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sarasota, FL.