Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sherief M Kamel
Dr. Sherief M Kamel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Panama City, FL. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kamel is affiliated with Healthsouth Emerald Coast Rehabilitation Hospital. Dr. Kamel has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Sherief M Kamel has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 68
The doctor has a great bedside manner . Very knowledgeable . Very busy clinic because everyone wants to see them . Almost everyone from my family goes there for different reasons and they are all happy with the results. I go there for thyroid and my weight and I feel the best I ever have felt in years . Highly recommended
I was at my apt 30 mins early, got all the paper work in to be called back, was called back and sat in the room 35 mins, went to ask if I had been forgotten and guess what the Nurse Practioner FOR I WAS THERE!! I sat another 20 mins after she was made aware for the second time that I was waiting and still she did not come in and then the Dr himself came walking in some 15 mins later, so a total of about 60 mins had passed and someone finally came into see me, the Dr said oh how are you doing, and I said not so good I've been waiting an hour and he offered no APOLOGY NOTHING. I said if this is any sign of what our relationship will be like, I need to find me another dr and I got my records and left.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2011, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Kamel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
University Of Alexandria
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Sherief M Kamel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDiabetes Thyroid And Endocrine Clinic Inc, 410 W 19th St, Panama City, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sherief M Kamel in this video.
Dr. Sherief M Kamel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Panama City, FL.