Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sherif A Dimyan
Dr. Sherif A Dimyan, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Gardena, CA. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Sleep Medicine. Dr. Dimyan is affiliated with Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center and Providence Little Co of Mary Medical Center Torrance. Dr. Dimyan has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Sherif A Dimyan has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
Dr. Sherif A Dimyan has the following 10 expertise
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Urinary Incontinence
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorders
Showing 5 of 15
They are unable to process Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO - They will take it as insurance and bill it as out-of-network and then you are stuck with an out of network provider EOB (bill) They are incompetent when it comes to billing the insurance company properly. This is a disservice to Dr. Dimyan, since he is an excellent Doctor. He needs to hire professional people that do not make fun of the patients in regard to their financial predicaments and are competent to properly process the insurance paperwork. I recommend outsourcing the billing or risk losing the patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Dimyan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Dr. Sherif A Dimyan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSt Michaels Neurology Medical Corp, 1141 W Redondo Beach Blvd Ste 207, Gardena, CA
Dr. Sherif A Dimyan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gardena, CA.