Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sherif Z Zaafran
Dr. Sherif Z Zaafran, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Shenandoah, TX, with another office in Houston, TX. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Zaafran is affiliated with Gulf Coast Medical Center, Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital and El Campo Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Sherif Z Zaafran has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Sherif Z Zaafran has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Sherif Z Zaafran has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Sherif Z Zaafran is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 4 of 4
i went into the delivery room so scared because I had a horrible painful experience for my first child in another state. This doc was great because he made me feel better mentally and emotionally...I trusted him and I hardly felt the epidural. He is very light-handed and gentle. Thank you for making this experience memorable in a positive way this time around!!
Anesthesia is a scary moment for me and my family. When we saw this doctor prior to surgery, he really put as at ease prior to taking our kid for his tonsils. He played with him, got him to like him. All at the same time, he walked me and my wife through the whole process. He said my kid is a responsibility he takes just like it was one of his kids. That put me at ease. It was a great experience.
Anesthesia is such a scary event. He put me at ease immediately, and made me feel like he was my best friend. He sat down and talked to me, didn't feel like I was rushed. I told him i'm always vomiting after surgery. He asked me if I had motion sickness, which I do. So he made me wear a Patch, and for the first time ever, I wasn't nauseated after. Kudos for taking the time to listen to my concerns.
Dr. Zaafran is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. Sherif Z Zaafran accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sherif Z Zaafran is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Shenandoah, TX.