Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sherin K Shirazi has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
Showing 5 of 13
Just like anyone, I am always a little apprehensive about visiting a doctor. However, these fears were eased when I first arrived and was greeted by the very pleasant and courteous office staff. Dr Shirazi not only saw me very close to my actual appointment time but spent as much time with me as I needed during my visit. She explained everything about my diagnosis and my options for treating it with care and made sure I understood everything. It is rare to find such a caring physician who isn't half-rushing out the door to see their next patient. Her surgical ability is also excellent. I could not recommend a doctor any higher than I recommend her.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
- Emory University School Of Medicine
Dr. Sherin K Shirazi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sherin K Shirazi in this video.
Dr. Sherin K Shirazi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pasadena, CA.