Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sherman Baker Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sherman Baker Jr has the following 12 expertise
- Clinical Research
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Weight Loss
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Digestive System Cancer
- Lung Cancer
Dr. Sherman Baker Jr has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 6
Dr.Baker made my walk through Cancer diagnosis and treatment the best that it could be under the circumstances, he was informative and supportive without giving me any false hopes he let me chose my options giving me the full story. I am happy to say that my treatment has been successful and I expect to remain in remission. Thank you Dr. Baker.
36 Years Experience
University Of Massachusetts Medical School
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Sherman Baker Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsVCU Medical Center (Main Hospital), 1250 E Marshall St, Richmond, VA
Dr. Sherman Baker Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.