Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sheron Brown has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Brown is a lovely person, but she is inconsistent in her manner and the amount of time she spends with you. Sometimes she is hasty and cuts you off and doesn't listen. Other times she is less stressed - she seems most interested in talking about menopause which is her specialty. She is a bit too quick to criticize you when you have tried to learn something about your own illness, especially on line.
Dr Brown has been my primary doctor for over 5 years. I met her in yoga class and we talked about menopause! Dr Brown usually spends the entire appointment time with me and I never feel rushed or silly about questions I have. She has been a tremedous help managing menopause symptoms and diagnosing low thyroid. I highly recommend Dr Brown. Her office manager, Kathy is wonderful!
Bedside manner is often abrupt and condescending. Failed to diagnose clear issue after 2 years. Disappointed with her lack of updated information on the common illness. Two years of suffering only to have her continuously turn me away, even though I had every sign and symptom. Other Dr. picked it up immediately. Very disappointed in lack of expertise.
Dr. Brown is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Silver Cross Hospital
Central Dupage Hospital Association
24 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Sheron Brown accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1020 E Ogden Ave, Naperville, IL
Dr. Sheron Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Naperville, IL.