Dr. Sherri Levin Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Sherri Levin?

Posted on July 24th, 2015

Significant wait time every visit! Dr will not work to accommodate patients and is not very good at comforting when info is anxiety provoking.

No sympathy

Posted on May 18th, 2015

Have been a patient for 18 years now she won't see me because my insurance is through obamacare exchange even though it is a ppo and she gets paid. Leaves me with having to find a dr. To write an order for a mammogram as I have a swelling. Shame on you dr. Levin. You need to remember the oath you took to help people.

Unprofessional

Posted on December 13th, 2013

I have been going here since I was 18 and at first I had no problems. It was not until maybe the last 2 years that I have felt unsatisfied. After reading some of these reviews, I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way. First off, it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get an appointment because you usually get sent straight to voicemail. The wait time usually varies for me. Most of the time I usually do not have to wait more than 20 minutes but there have been a few occasions where I have waited 45 minutes to over an hour. Also as others have said, some of the staff are very unprofessional. Most of the time when I go here, I do feel EXTREMELY judged by some of them. When I first started going here, I was seeing the NP who was very friendly but she no longer works here. I have seen all three of the current doctors here because most of the time, it is difficult to get an appointment with Dr. Levin so I settle for the other two. I have seen Dr. Levin only a handful of times but when I have seen her she rushes through and only spends about 5 minutes with you. She also seems very uninterested in anything you have to say. When I first started seeing Dr. Gonzales, she was friendly but the last time I saw her, she made some judgemental comments regarding me refusing to go on birth control which I thought was very unprofessional. I then started seeing Dr. Chu who I really like. She is very friendly and professional and I feel comfortable seeing her. She is the only one who I could recommend to others.

Most painful and rushed gyno visit ever

Posted on July 12th, 2013

I should have read the reviews... ! It was my first time seeing Dr. Levin. I chose to see Dr. Levin because my current doctor is away on maternity leave. I waited for an hour in the waiting room and another 40 minutes or so in the examination room. She came in and hurriedly asked me about my symptoms and then jabbed me with the scope. I have never felt so much PAIN on any other gyno visits. I gasped in pain and she didn't say a thing. Seemed as if she didn't care it was hurting me. She didn't talk about my situation and hurriedly wrote notes on her clipboard without looking at me. She left the room within a few minutes after rushing me through the questions I had. I will not be returning to her practice at all because of my experience. I hope Dr. Levin reads these reviews and realizes she has several unsatisfied patients!

Posted on June 26th, 2012

Dr Levin had been my doctors for three years before i decided to stop going to her. She wanted me to have surgery for a abnornmal pasmire 3 weeks before my wedding. Needless to say i found a different doctor witch is caring and amazing. My new doctor was stuned when i told her that dr Levin wanted me to have surgery for something that she knew very well would clear itself in a few months. PEOPLE RUN

Posted on December 2nd, 2011

Dr. Levin is excellent! She took the time to hear my problems and explained all of my options. Every time that I go in, she and her office remember who I am and are always happy to see me. She is obviously popular because her waiting room is always full, but She is never to busy for the patients and my wait time is always short. I think that she is great!

Dr Levin is the best doctor I have come across

Posted on October 21st, 2011

I have been with Dr Levin for the past 3 years and by far is one of the most sweet and patient people I have met. She makes me feel warm and understands my problems. I was having trouble conceiving and she helped me have my first baby and was with me through my delivery. She has an excellent staff who are really warm and courteous. She is a very successful doctor so I can understand the wait time.

Trust and confidence

Posted on October 21st, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Levin for many years - from my 3rd child through menopause. There is no doctor or specialist that I have more confidence in than Dr. Levin and her staff.

BEST DOCTOR EVER!!!!!!

Posted on October 6th, 2011

Dr. Levin is the best female doctor ever! She is very knowledgeable about her specialty. She is one of the most compationate physicians i have ever been to. Not only is she great but she actually cares about her patients. She was recommended to me by a friend and i have sent all of my friends and family to her also. I have been seeing her for more than 7 years and i would not go anywhere else. I personally think some of the comments on this site must be just angry and unhappy people in general because this is not the dr levin that i know and have come to love over the years. She is an excellent surgeon and several of my friends and family have had surgery by her and they tell me she is the best. If i ever need female surgery she is the only doctor i will use. Her staff are wonderful too!!! They always return my calls the same day, which i cannot say happens with most of the other physicians i see. you can always get an appointment quickly. yes, sometimes you might have to wait for those precious babies to be born but that is fine with me and her staff always offer the PA or allow me to wait her dr. levin. She is the BEST!!

I was really offended by her behavior.

Posted on August 12th, 2011

I have seen Dr. Levin for about fourteen years I always thought she was a good doctor. She always seemed personable and friendly though I always thought she was a bit flaky and seemed more interested in her makeup and clothes than her patients. I have had a severe problem for over a year now. I went to her for a yearly checkup and I figured she would have some ideas about my problem. I was waiting in a room when a nurse came in and said that she would be late she had gotten called into the hospital for a delivery. They said the np could see me right away. I asked if I could wait and see the doctor. The nurse said it would be about an hour wait and tried to push me into seeing the np. I had a major issue I wanted to discuss with the doctor not the np. It was lunchtime and it was obvious I was the only patient in the office. Dr. Levin barged in the door obviously angry about something. I told her I was in a lot of pain so she would be gentle with the exam. It hurt bad and when I told her that she got extremely angry and told me that since I was on pain medicine I was feeling sensations that weren't really there. Her advice was to lay off the pain medicine because it was acting on my brain. I told her I had been advised to get an ultrasound by another doc. She sighed and rolled her eyes and said I didn't need it but she would do it anyways. I asked her for a prescription for a new birth control pill as mine wasn't working for me anymore. She nodded and handed me a prescription and stormed out the door slamming it behind her. I looked at the paper and it was for the exact same medicine I was taking it also only had three refils instead of twelve which is what she usually wrote it for. At that point I was so upset I didn't even care anymore I told the receptionist not to schedule anything. As I was getting into the elevator I noticed her and staff leaving for lunch. My guess is that she was mad that instead of leaving the hospital and heading to lunch she had to go back into the other building to see one patient before she could leave. I was really shocked at her behavior. After all the years I had been going to her I never knew she had such a bad attitude and could say something like that to someone who was clearly suffering. I guess she is angry that in betwen her little radio show and advertisements for the mall(lol)she is actually expected to be a decent doctor. I have since found a much better OBGYN and will not ever be going back to her.

Rushed and lacking empathy

Posted on July 20th, 2011

I came to Dr. Levin because I needed surgery. From the get-go her bedside manner was atrocious. The first time I met her she hadn't read my chart -- after the surgery she did not speak to my family in the waiting room. She was not present for my follow up exam because she had a radio show (so why did she schedule at that time?). The woman runs into the room and runs out -- making it clear that she does not have time for a discussion about your condition, let alone a "hello". And yet, her lipstick is always freshly applied. I was emotional during a painful procedure and she showed no sympathy -- didn't even offer a tissue. When I asked her to please refer me to another doctor because I did not feel comfortable continuing to see her, she reacted defensively, she was even angered, and DID NOT give me the name of even one other doctor I could see. I would not recommend Dr. Levin as a physician, although her practice seems to be doing very well. So well, that I waited an hour and a half past my appointment time to see her because she was overbooked.

Amazing!

Posted on July 8th, 2011

I had spent years with various issues that most male doctors tended to ignore, because they were vague and odd syptems. Dr. Levin actually took the time to listen and not just give up at the first negative test. After an ultra sound came back fine, she wanted a biopsy of the uteris because of my symptoms. We tried for over a year to get my hormones and estrogen to normal but to no avail. Those cells turned to a pre-cancerous stage. I had a hysterectomy last year (in my early 30's). We did not get to that place easily and without a fight. When the cells finally turned to cancer it occured to me that had I continued with anyone else, I would probably have stage 4 uteran cancer at this point. Dr. Levin is busy. She may be late... Delivering babies isn't always something that can be scheduled(LOL)but any wait is worth the quality of care she and her staff provide.