More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sherri R Tysch has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 27
Dr. Tysch is not nice - (to her patients AND staff) I saw it with my own eyes - thats' why she had no patients and had to close her practice. Sorry, but its true . My daughter was so sad to see how Dr. Tysch treated her nurse, that my daughter asked if we could change doctors! Her medical care is average -she tends to over test and over do everything - perhaps in hopes of looking like she's so on top of things? But I can tell you, our new pediatrician diagnosed the flu WITHOUT swabbing her throat - how about that! I love her office manager - that's what makes her office easy to work with, but Dr. Tysch left without her. Dont follow her to her new place - its a disaster. I tried to get our records - NIGHTMARE!!!!
First of all, in terms of diagnosis and subsequent treatment Tysch is very aggressive. Some prefer that, some do not. I prefer a more balanced approach. Tysch is more of a "my way or the highway" doctor. So while she does take time with you, does genuinely care and advocate for the children she treats, and does promote the latest treatment options - she both pushes very aggressive medication regimens and stands fast by her medical opinions. All these things can be a positive. However, for those parents who wish to take a more active role in the medical choices that are made for their children Tysch's approach can be arrogant and condescending. Moreover, Tysch does not approach things in a holistic manner. In other words, she does not tread lightly over the sensitive child's protests and is dismissive regarding such concerns. SO: If you're child is not scared of the doctor and are normally tough/resilient AND you as a parent want an old school doctor who insists on taking solo command of the helm AND you are accepting of the most aggressive treatment therapies, then Tysch may be a good doctor for you. However, if you consider yourself as your child's health advocate and look for a team approach to caregiving or you have a very sensitive/shy child or just appreciate a doctor with humility and open-mindedness then search for a different physician for your child.
Dr. Tysch is so interested in being Dr. Know-It-All, she doesn't let me be an involved parent and be part of my children's health care. She is bossy and rude. She treats her staff rudely in front of me, and I think that says A LOT about her character. There are so many other pediatircians in Thousand Oaks - go for a more highly rated doctor!
30 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 1988
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. Sherri R Tysch accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sherri R Tysch is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Thousand Oaks, CA.