Dr. Geraldine Huey You Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Geraldine Huey You?

Professional and Listens

Posted on January 25th, 2015

Dr. Huey You is a true professional. She was very focused on my issues and showed concern. I would highly recommend her to anyone who has mental illness., of course people do not want admit they have a issue.

She's rude and mean

Posted on October 22nd, 2014

To make a long story short: 1) I've waited 4 hours in her office before (shortest I waited was 30 minutes, and that isn't the time I went in for an emergency). 2) She talks about you for maybe 1/8th of the time and the rest she compares you to herself and talks about her family. 3) She diagnosed me with ADD and made me get on a very high dosage of strattera that eventually gave me autonomic nervous system disorder. When I got off of the medicine I had a very hard time focusing on my work and in school, so I talked to some other doctors about a fast-acting ADD med like Adderall or Vyvanse. They all said that's the safest option for the disorder, but Dr. Huey only saw me asking for the medicine as me trying to get them to sell or abuse. She called me a drug addict multiple times and yelled at me about all sorts of things. Ultimately she did not trust me at all and made me feel like I should be locked up rather than a patient. She's rude, I would never recommend her to anyone.

Misdiagnosed

Posted on December 29th, 2010

I was diagnosed as bipolar and believed the diagnosis taking drugs that didn't work for several years. After getting a second opinion and not being diagnosed until about the third or fourth visit (instead of just the first) as she learned my background, I found out I have PTSD and anxiety problems, not bipolar. Dr. Huey is the nicest doctor, but never delved into my past to find out I had anger issues due to abuse and anxiety because of it. I hate to think what damage taking unneccessary medications for so long may have caused in the long run.

Posted on January 12th, 2017