Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sherry M Melton has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Critical Care
- Nonpenetrating Wounds
- Wounds and Injuries
- Multiple Trauma
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
She has a decent beside manner towards family members and patients. However, she is extremely degrading and demeaning to all staff, doctors and nurses. She talks to them like they are dogs. Patient's and family members hear this, even when she is unaware that they are listening. It is very discouraging and scary to families when we hear this. It makes us lose faith in UAB. (My mother was under her care after a serious car accident) On a positive note, the residents, nurses, and staff were amazing and we appreciate everything theey did. I have lost all respect for Sherry Melton And pray no one I love ever has to deal with her again. She is a disgrace and embarrassment to UAB.
Dr. Melton is very very good in her line of work. However is bedside manner is horrible. She will not take time to answer questions, and is not worried about the family at all. When a question is brought to her attention she is defensive and agitated and becomes very aggressive. The day we had questions, she didn't even assess my family member, she came in, we instantly began arguing, and she left. Very unpleasant, and unsettleing for your family member. Communication between physician and family is a MUST with a truama patient....
Dr Melton,whom I had never met, came into my room after auto accident ,1 day after surgery. I was in much pain. She insuled me by saying,"Mrs. Thompson, you are a middle aged woman with just a broken leg". She continued to tell my husband he was a crutch to me and I needed a psychiarist. She took my husband outside my room and blest him out. She sent 2 different psychiarist to my room ,who tried to force me to take anti-depressants. The 2nd one that came was also insulting to me. The reason I say these things is I don't want anyone else to be subjected to that type of treatment or care while in your hospital. It absolutely traumatized me and insulted my integrity. And by the way, my injuries were 3 broken ribs, damaged lung broken femur, completely in two, multiple bruising and my face was badly burned from the airbag. I was in a lot of pain and Dr. Melton gave me as little pain relief as possible. The pain was almost unbareable. Its almost 6 weeks since the surgery, and I am still in alot of pain.
28 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
University Of Virginia Health System
Dr. Sherry M Melton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLincoln Medical Center, 234 E 149th St, Bronx, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sherry M Melton in this video.
Dr. Sherry M Melton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bronx, NY.