Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sherry A Soefje has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Showing 1 of 1
For years, I refused to seek psychiatric help. After hitting rock bottom, I put my faith in other psychiatrists only to be labeled and categorized in the DSM IV. I was treated like a some kind of a cookbook recipe. Dr. Soefje helped me take baby steps. I realized that She trusted Me. I told her my deepest, darkest secrets and yet, she still believed in me. She saw the person I wanted to become, despite all odds. Here I am, six years later, living the better life that she only she foresaw.
- University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
University Of California At San Diego
Dr. Sherry A Soefje accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPrimary Care Associated Medical Group, 3998 Vista Way Ste 100, Oceanside, CA
Dr. Sherry A Soefje is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oceanside, CA.