Dr. Sherwin Hua Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sherwin Hua?

A brilliant but humble neurosurgeon!

Posted on November 2nd, 2014

Dr. Hua and my family doctor, Dr. Marvin Masada are the best doctors I even met in my life so far. Dr. Hua who developed a dime-sized incision surgery which helped a lot of patients in chronic pain and I am one of them. When I was diagnosed that I have A-typical facial pain which is the most painful disease amongst all chronic pains. When I found helplessness and hopelessness, people who were once around me neglected and ignored me because of my illness, I tried to end my life tons of times. Fortunately, I have my beloved son who sacrificed his semester in Berkeley to take care of me because I am very dysfunctional. Through dr. Masada, I got to know dr. Hua. Originally, surgery on facial pain is usually rejected my insurance because it is very expensive. However, Dr. Hia helped me to get the insurance approved. Now almost three months after the surgery, I am still in pain and on medication, at least my pain is in control (Dr. Huang already reminded me several times of pain-free after the surgery is impossible.). Of course, I don't expect pain free, but at least the pain that I can tolerate up to the level that I can have my life back and function again. Dr. Hua was very patient to listen to my condition and explained to me in detail of how the surgery he was going to perform. After the surgery, whenever I have some questions about my post surgery pain, I asked my son to text him, he always tried his best to text him back even during weekends. I never see a doctor who can work so hard to help his patient except Dr. Hua. He is a very brilliant and skillful doctor and the most importantly, he has a strong sense of responsibility with a warm heart. He cares about his patients very much even he has link called Drchrono so that you can communicate with him in writing and he always answers your questions promptly.

Excellent!

Posted on July 12th, 2013

The Pain is all gone after surgery. Some incision pain is still there but much better every day. Dr. Hua did an amazing job. Real Friendly Doctor. He explained everything in great detail so that I could understand it and he was right on.

Amazing!

Posted on April 9th, 2013

I had surgery for a herniated disc by another surgeon and my leg pain did not change, in fact it worsened to the point that I could not walk for months. 2 other surgeons said there was nothing that could be done. I finally found Dr. Hua who operated and now I can walk and start exercising again. Thank God for his expertise!

Posted on January 25th, 2012

Recommended best treatment and completed surgery succefully. I needed a very complicated 3 level fusion with separation in neck which many doctors would not have attempted. Original complaint gone but now have new symptoms which have not been able to identify yet.

Surgery Skills are excellent, However...

Posted on August 17th, 2011

This doctor never made a visit after surgery. Gave no instructions about after care and barely took the 5 min it takes to sign off on a discharge. The good thing is that the surgery seemed to take care of the problem.

Doctor's Response

I think I remember your particular case. I always see my patients after surgery. Many surgeries are out patient where the patient can go home right after surgery or stay overnight and leave the next day. In your case, I was caught in an emergency and could not make it to the hospital until night time. At that time you had already been discharged. Because of the shortage of neurosurgeons willing to take trauma call, I have to cover several hospitals in the valley. This sometimes causes an inconvenience to my elective practice. We have been working towards hiring another 1 to 2 neurosurgeons to the area for several years. Hopefully this will help the situation.

Spinal Patient - 2010

Posted on March 21st, 2011

Dr Hua performed my second spinal surgery. While his bedside manner is reserved, his skill is exceptional. People who have complained about waits need to understand the complexity of neurosurgery. I think a 20-30 minute wait is good. He is a quite skilled surgeon. I trust him with my care. Since I have had the same surgery twice, I can compare the recovery from the surgeries and the recovery from the surgery with Dr. Hua was by far superior than my first surgery. When I asked other doctors in the area before undergoing a second spinal surgery their opinion of Dr Hua and his partner - they all said that they would use them both and that they were the best in the area and among the best in the LA area. That off-sets any other issues for me. I have been please with both Dr. Hua and his staff.

Posted on February 15th, 2011

the average wait time for this doctor has been one hour and forty-five min. for 3 visits. i left after the 3rd time and haven't returned. the worst front office staff i have ever experienced in 30 years.average time spend with you is less than 15 min. after one hr and a half wait. didn't see him after my surgery at all. would not recommend him to anyone.

Posted on June 30th, 2017