Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sherwin P Schrag MD
Dr. Sherwin P Schrag has the following 3 specialties
- Surgical Critical Care
- Trauma Surgery
Trauma surgeons treat patients who come to emergency rooms and require surgery after any kind of accident. They know how to act quickly, assess the patient’s condition, and decide on a course of action. They work fast to coordinate with other physicians and specialists in the hospital if needed, such as neurosurgeons and radiologists, so they can properly diagnose the injury and stabilize patients.
Common trauma injuries include bleeding, burns, brain or other internal injuries, shock and loss of limbs. Because they treat patients in traumatic situations, they’re also typically skilled in offering some level of emotional support to help the patient cope with confusion and grief that may result from their accident.
Dr. Sherwin P Schrag has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Sherwin P Schrag is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sherwin P Schrag - Posted on January 28th, 2020
Great doctor but his staff needs work
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sherwin P Schrag - Posted on November 30th, 2018
Dr. Schrag is a great doctor with excellent bed side manner. He listened to me, eased my concerns, and made me feel like an individual. The procedure went perfectly and couldn’t ask for anything more on that. His staff, on the other hand, does not provide that same experience. I had to follow up at least 3 times to get my surgery scheduled. I had to wait for over an hour to see him for only a 5 minute follow up appointment. Not a great experience or respectful of my time.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sherwin P Schrag - Posted on October 18th, 2018
Great Dr and Surgeon
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sherwin P Schrag - Posted on December 15th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sherwin P Schrag - Posted on April 1st, 2015
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
18 Years Experience
Nova Southeastern University
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Sherwin P Schrag Accepts the Following Insurance
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
Locations & DirectionsJERSEY CITY MEDICAL CENTER, 355 Grand St, Jersey City, NJ
Dr. Sherwin P Schrag is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Jersey City, NJ.