More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sheryl S Cohen has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Sheryl S Cohen has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Sheryl S Cohen has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Sheryl S Cohen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I have 3 children that go to Dr. Cohen. I'm confident that she follows their care beyond her office. When my daughter was hospitalized at a Queens hospital that she didn't have attending rights she not only visited, she stayed abreast of everything that was happening and advocated for us when services weren't provided in a timely manner.
I am a physician myself and I have brought my children to Dr. Sheryl Cohen.She is a brilliant diagnostician and diagnosed my daughter with a rare strep related skin condition.She is kind and compassionate as well as always available.She takes care of many of the babies I delivered and I find her to be a "doctor chosen doctor' in every sence of the word
22 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1996
Li Jewish Medical Center
Dr. Sheryl S Cohen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsPm Pediatrics After Hours Urgent Care, 596 Jericho Tpke, Syosset, NY
Dr. Sheryl S Cohen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Syosset, NY.