Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sheryn Angelis
Dr. Sheryn Angelis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Worcester, MA. She has 14 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease. Dr. Angelis is affiliated with Clinton Hospital, Marlborough Hospital and Health Alliance Hospitals Inc. She speaks English.
Dr. Sheryn Angelis has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
Showing 5 of 11
If you're looking for a doctor who can help you manage your health in a preventative manner, look elsewhere. I went in for a basic checkup with the intent of getting some basic tests done. I was flatly denied and when I attempted to explain my reasoning was given a stern pseudo-ethical lecture about why my desire to know about what was going on in my body was not necessary because I was not in immediate danger. I have had great relationships with doctors all of my life and have never felt this way about someone whose care I was under. I am a health professional myself and keep very up to date with the latest in research. Dr. Angelis seemed extremely closed minded , defensive, and unwilling to discuss options. I suppose the good news is that if you're actually sick enough to warrant the right to learn about your blood markers, you'll be close to an emergency room. But I digress... This was my first and will certainly be my last visit with Dr. Angelis.
Dr. Angelis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Health Alliance Hospitals Inc
Health Alliance Hospital-Leomenster Campus
U Mass Memorial Med Ctr - Memorial Campus
UMass Memorial Medical Center, Inc
14 Years Experience
St. George's University
Graduated in 1999
Locations & Directions1 W Boylston St, Worcester, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sheryn Angelis in this video.
Dr. Sheryn Angelis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Worcester, MA.