Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sheue-Mei Wu
Dr. Sheue-Mei Wu, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Cary, NC, with another office in Durham, NC. She has 25 years of experience. Her specialties include Clinical Psychology and Psychiatry. Dr. Wu is affiliated with John Umstead Hospital, University of North Carolina Hospitals at Chapel Hill and Duke University Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Sheue-Mei Wu has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Psychology
A psychologist is someone who specializes in the study of the mind, as well as human behavior. Psychologists sometimes focus on certain types of people or certain age ranges. Commonly you might find a child psychologist, school psychologist or clinical psychologist to name a few. There are many reasons why someone would see a psychologist including PTSD, issues with self esteem, OCD, alcoholism, ADD and more.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Sheue-Mei Wu has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Sheue-Mei Wu has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Sheue-Mei Wu is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Wu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
John Umstead Hospital
University of North Carolina Hospitals at Chapel Hill
Duke University Hospital
Duke University Hospital
25 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
University Of North Carolina Hospitals
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sheue-Mei Wu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cary, NC.