Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shikhar Soni has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Shikhar Soni has the following 9 expertise
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Weight Loss
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Showing 5 of 11
My only negative is the waiting time that often happens. On the other hand he never rushes you and will listen to all you have to say, which probably explains why the waiting time is high.Once I had a problem with my thyroid -- he sent me to a specialist and after that meeting Dr. Soni personally called me to ask how that went. Never had that happen before.I've been with him for about 8 years and am fully satisfied. Two years ago I got my wife to go to him also. She's not thrilled with him but she hates and mistrusts doctors, so maybe "not thrilled' is a complement, relatively speaking.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Soni is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Shikhar Soni accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & DirectionsPoonam Soni Md Pc, 697 Mill Creek Rd Ste 1, Manahawkin, NJ
Dr. Shikhar Soni is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Manahawkin, NJ.