Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please contact us if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shilpa Amin MD, FAAFP
Dr. Shilpa Amin, MD, FAAFP is a Doctor primarily located in Leesburg, VA. She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. Dr. Amin is affiliated with Inova Loudon Hospital Center, Lansdowne, Suburban Hospital and Inova Loudoun Hospital, Landsdowne Campus. She speaks English.
Dr. Shilpa Amin has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Dr. Shilpa Amin has the following 1 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Shilpa Amin is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shilpa Amin - Posted on April 9th, 2019
Dr. Amin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Inova Loudon Hospital Center, Lansdowne
Inova Loudoun Hospital, Landsdowne Campus
17 Years Experience
George Washington University
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Shilpa Amin Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Shilpa Amin's office for more information.
601 Potomac Station Dr NE Leesburg, VA : (703) 840-1396
Locations & Directions601 Potomac Station Dr NE, Leesburg, VA
Dr. Shilpa Amin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Leesburg, VA.