Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shilpa S Jindani has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Shilpa S Jindani has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Shilpa S Jindani has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Shilpa S Jindani is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Had to see dr.Jindani due to insurance. She was the only dr at the clinic at the time that was taking new patients and every other clinic was to far away for me to go. So I had a very serious health condition undiagnosed at the time because she refused to give me a referral to a OBGYN. I was bleeding for months at a time and all she wanted to do was put me on birth control. I had all the symptoms of cancer, pain,bleeding for months at a time, anemia and abnormal ultra sound.But she never got on the ball so I happened to know a great dr that works at their urgent care and went to see her and she wrote me a referral for an OBGYN and said it's ridiculous you need to see a specialist. So I got my referral thru and urgent care doctor and was later diagnosed with Cancer.! You really have to push to get anything done and apparently dr.Jindani's Hippocratic Oath flew right out the window. Don't recommend her at all. Ever in Life.
Dr.Jindani is an excellent doctor who cares for the uninsured since she is part of the county health care system her office offers the sliding fee scale for those patients who turn in their application the office visit is between $25-$85 and lab tests run $10-$20 per test. I know because my parents lost their insurance coverage and Dr.Jinani has been caring for them on a sliding fee scale. I would suggest to the person who wrote the bad review about her bill to contact the billing office they will help her, all she has to do is full out the application.
I was referred to clinic that has Dr. Jindani on it's staff. I had vomited blood and a chronic cough. The doctor never figured out the causes of these problems, just prescribed medicine for the symptoms. Because I don't have health insurance but have cash to pay for treatment, she kept finding new reasons to come back to the clinics and run up the bill to over $3600 and I am still coughing. $520 for 5 minutes with this doctor is robbery. She also had blood tests done on me which she said would cost me about $500 but I was charged $1242. The doctor is suppose to heal not steal. And she is a liar as well.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Jindani is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Dr. Shilpa S Jindani accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net Salud EPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsVentura County Health Care Agency, 125 W Thousand Oaks Blvd, Thousand Oaks, CA
Dr. Shilpa S Jindani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Thousand Oaks, CA.