Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shira Markowitz MD
Dr. Shira Markowitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bronx, NY, with another office in Staten Island, NY. Her specialties include Neurology. Dr. Markowitz is affiliated with Richmond University Medical Center and Staten Island University South. She speaks English.
Dr. Shira Markowitz has 2 locations
111 E 210th St
Bronx, NY 10467
27 New Dorp Ln
Staten Island, NY 10306
Book Online Now
Dr. Shira Markowitz has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Shira Markowitz has the following 4 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Dr. Shira Markowitz is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Markowitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Richmond University Medical Center
Staten Island University South
Dr. Shira Markowitz Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Shira Markowitz's office for more information.
111 E 210th St Bronx, NY 10467
27 New Dorp Ln Staten Island, NY 10306
Locations & Directions
Dr. Shira Markowitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bronx, NY.