The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shira Young has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Shira Young has the following 12 expertise
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
Dr. Shira Young has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
DO NOT go to her. She is rude and after filling out pages of questions before seeing her, she didn't take 2 min to look at what I spent time filling out at all. She just walked in and starting asking the same questions that were on the form. She acted like she had better things to do than deal with the likes of me. I found another doctor.
Very thorough and competent. Answered all my questions. Froze several tags/moles and was delighted with the results. Gave me suggestions on future skin care. Definately would recommend Dr. Young.
I went to go see Dr. Young because of some skin tags, I spent more time in the waiting room than in the examining room, I spoke more to the nurse than the Dr. her self, when the Dr. finally came in she didn't look me in the face much less the eyes, for being a skin Dr. she didn't touch me at all or asked me if there where any other questions or concerns I had, she sis tell me that for skin tags they needed my insurance authorization because its considered cosmetic, I said I understand but regardless I wanted them removed if my insurance said no, I would pay cash. Its been 2 months now and I still have not received a call from the Doctor or the Nurse. When I went to pay my co-pay its usually just 40 dollars BUT because Dr. Young calls her self a specialist they charged me 60 dollars, WHAT A WAIST, I want my money back. Do Not See Dr. Young...... Oh I only gave her 1 Star (above) because the system would not let me submit the review with out completing this section :(
Dr. Young is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Dr. Shira Young accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsRiverside Medical Clinic Surgery Center, 7160 Brockton Ave, Riverside, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shira Young in this video.
Dr. Shira Young is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Riverside, CA.