Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shiraz S Ahmed
Dr. Shiraz S Ahmed, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Seattle, WA, with another office in Seattle, WA. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Ahmed is affiliated with University Of Washington Medical Center Ambulatory. He speaks English.
Dr. Shiraz S Ahmed has 2 locations
925 Seneca St
Seattle, WA 98101
Book Online Now
Dr. Shiraz S Ahmed has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Shiraz S Ahmed has the following 9 expertise
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Ahmed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Ecfmg Certification Verification Service
Graduated in 1993
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Dr. Shiraz S Ahmed Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Shiraz S Ahmed
I was born and brought up in India, where I also received my first medical training. Later I emigrated to the USA and completed my internal medicine and chief residency in Boston. Following that experience I undertook a fellowship in geriatric medicine at the University of Washington. Currently I_m a hospitalist, a role in which I can put my expertise as an internist and geriatrician to work toward the care of hospitalized patients. Internal medicine with its complexity and challenges inspires me. In addition, during my residency I found particular joy and satisfaction in caring for the elderly. I_m also involved in hospital-based teaching of family medicine residents. My hope is that these newly-trained physicians will share my love of caring for patients and continue raising our standards of care. My soulmate-wife, along with my son and daughter, keep me intellectually challenged, happy, and content.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shiraz S Ahmed, MD - Internal Medicine in Seattle, WA, in this video.
Dr. Shiraz S Ahmed is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Seattle, WA.