Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shirin Hasan has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Anxiety Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Birth Control
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I've been taking my daughter to see Dr. Hasan for four years now. She is such a nice doctor. She is always on time. My daughter is 13 now. Dr. Hasan always engages both my daughter and me during our appointments. She asks my daughter how she is doing. She allows us both time to report how my daughter is doing. She is a good listener. She is conservative dispensing medications. By this I mean she will not rush to put your child on any big time psychotic drugs. Nemours does not take my insurance. I have been self pay the entire time but she is worth it. I could go elsewhere and have a $25.00 co-pay but instead I self pay about $130.00.
Ridge Behavioral Health Systems
Dr. Shirin Hasan accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNemours Childrens Hospital, 13535 Nemours Pkwy, Orlando, FL
Dr. Shirin Hasan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orlando, FL.