Dr. Shirish Amin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Shirish Amin?

colonoscopy

Posted on November 18th, 2017

Very friendly Dr. and office staff, before during and followup afterwards. All went well with no problems. Thanks

Colonopscopy

Posted on October 7th, 2016

The actual procedure(colonopscopy) was a cakewalk with a great experience with both the doctor and his staff. Very professional and friendly. As usual the getting ready for this procedure is not pleasant but necessary.

Posted on March 26th, 2016

This office staff are professional, efficient, and friendly. I had a colonoscopy on 3/23/16. I was made to feel comfortable and relaxed. Dr. Amin seems so kind & explained everything to me. I highly recommend him.

best gastric center in Indiana, Pa.

Posted on March 22nd, 2016

I hate having a colonoscopy, but if I have to have it done glad it is with Dr. Amin's staff. Dr. Amin and his staff have always been fun and courteous to me.

Personality like a rock.

Posted on February 26th, 2016

The first meeting that I had with him I should have known what I was going to experience with this person.He said"I hope you don,t have to many questions because I am in a hurry."He scheduled me for the colonoscopy on one day and the upper scope on another day.On the day of the colonoscopy I waited over an hour for them to take me in.I was sitting on the side of the bed talking to my wife .He came and put his back to me and was telling her what he found.I was completely out of the anesthetic and at that point is where I knew I was dealing with a rock.He certainly will not get another dime out of me or my Insurance carrier.I certainly agree with the person that said he was a jerk , he treated me the same way.

Posted on December 9th, 2015

The doctor made several attempts to fight for me with the insurance company, which did not want to pay for the medication. Many thanks.

Very happy with Dr.Amin

Posted on December 6th, 2015

Posted on December 2nd, 2015

Dr. Amin deserves 5 Stars because of the superior care he provides.

Rating of Dr. Amin

Posted on November 8th, 2015

Posted on September 29th, 2015

Dr. Amin has an attitude. He did not listen to anything I told him; I couldn't believe how far off the mark until I obtained a copy of the medical records. After 5-10 minutes into his initial assessment; he prescribed pantoprazole and Carafate and gave me information on IBS and GURD. Next, across the hall to see a nurse to schedule a endoscopy. The nurse kept asking me about scheduling a colonoscopy; I told her that Dr. Amin wanted to check the top end first and that I would schedule the colonoscopy later. The endoscopy was completed a day or so later in Dr. Amin's facility. Like a production line; the schedule is full. After the procedure, it took several inquiries to get Dr. Amin to talk to me; he was a little jerk and didn't explain anything, just growled about not scheduling the colonoscopy. I asked him about the results of other testing including an abdominal Ultrasound; he said that he had not received it yet. Okay, here is the kicker...I went to Dr. Amin with classic symptoms of gall bladder, nausea and vomiting for hours, happening more frequently...etc. He totally ruled out gall bladder (on record, in my medical records). Dr. Amin called me a day or two after the endoscopy and was again, in my opinion, a total little jerk, tersely explaining the findings on the ultrasound (due to his thick accent it was difficult to understand him on the phone). He mentioned not getting the colonoscopy and said something about a problem with my right adrenal gland and that I should follow up with someone. Several weeks and half dozen gall bladder attack/episodes later, I was admitted to the hospital through the ER; the gall bladder was removed that same day, 15cm long, infected, and not far from rupturing. I went to Dr. Amin because I was getting sick more and more often and it didn't matter what I ate. I was sick for hours each episode and vomited 15-25 times each episode. Here, take this medicine and let me look down your throat and what do you mean I can't look up your butt! Dr. Amin totally misdiagnosed my condition and was an arrogant jerk in the process. Colonoscopy and Endoscopy production lines are making this Dr. a small fortune but I wonder, based on my experience, if he treats all of his patients the same way? Unfortunately, there may not be many gastroenterologists in the area; I advise anyone needing to see one to look elsewhere.

Posted on May 7th, 2015

I trust Dr. Amin totally. He has diagnosed difficult issues for other members of my family. He also returns calls quickly and goes out of his way to be helpful.

Wow, the reviews are extreme opposite opinions....hmmm

Posted on April 9th, 2015

Wow, I really enjoyed reading the reviews about Dr. Amin. He seems to have a love/hate relationship with his patients. He couldn't have just been that "middle of the road" sorta guy that cares enough for all his patients to be courteous, kind, understanding, sympathetic and informative. You have to wonder why a person, especially with the type of career he chooses to exercise, is being so judgemental to some and not others Hmmm. Oh well. Let me ask you a question. All you people that he was a jerk to out there....Were you a jerk first? Just Kidding. Really. Because, I too, was a patient of Dr. Amin and had the worst experience. Of course the endo and colo were not scheduled on same day, so what else is new? The most awful part of the experience was his bedside manner. He spent no time with me to answer any questions I had. He was very curt and rude during all my appoinments. I was even diagnosed with several very serious life threatening illnesses and I am a female in my 30's. The not so crazy part is that I am a health care worker for last 16 years. It is my career and I chose to do it and I love it, but we all have bad days. But that does not give me the right to take my bad day out on anyone of the patients. I can easily take it out on my co-workers by someone listening to me vent. Why do people have to be mean all the time? Anyway, on a positive note, he was thorough and ordered a lot of tests, that is why I stayed with him until the testing was done, then I took my results and went to another doctor, I couldn't handle his demeanor anymore. But, the staff was always nice and the lady that did the scheduling was really nice too.