Dr. Shirley Fisch Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Shirley Fisch?

Unprofessional

My son had a seizure and she blew it off as nothing even though she found something in the right temporal part of his brain. I went for a second opinion and his new doctor did a MRI and found a cyst on his brain. Avoid this doctor at all costs.

Not so impressed

She saw my daughter in the hospital - I found her condescending and lacking bedside manner. When I expressed that my daughter would not be getting the Gardasil vaccine she was rude. Funny because just this morning a NEW study came out that suggests the the Gardasil vaccine actually makes girls MORE susceptible to cervical cancer, never mind the existing evidence that many girls lives are being destroyed by this vaccine. Do not have a great deal of respect for people who just listen to the drug companies and not patient experiences.

Seizures few and far between

My son is Autistic and has seizure in his sleep once every two years or so and then he had them during the day. Dr Fisch was very patient and detailed on her questioning and very straight to the point . I do not need someone to sugar coat what is going on. It took two different medicines to get the one best for my son. When ever I had a concern she would call me back. Her staff is wonderful and very helpful. I would recommend her to others with children with disabilities.

Dr. Fisch showed little or no interest in evaluating my son. She was critical and condescending. She referred us to her partner and said to made an appointment now as she has a 10 month waiting list for an appointment. We won't be going back to either of them.

First visit but was impressed

I have an infant who was diagnosed with a very rare chromosome disorder that may make her prone to seizures. Dr. Fisch's office was able to give me an appointment to see my daughter within a month of the request-- unheard of for a pediatric neurologist. At our visit, she asked all of the appropriate questions regarding my daughter's syndrome. She also had done her own preparatory research into the condition prior to our arrival, so she could address my questions and concerns more effectively. She actively listened to my questions and was so genuinely concerned about my feelings and worries for the future development of my daughter. Her bedside manner is wonderful-- she is supportive and I never felt rushed while in her office. We go for a follow-up appointment in 6 weeks, and I feel absolute confidence in her care of my special needs child.