Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shirley T Lau has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Shirley T Lau has the following 18 expertise
- Child Development
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Parenting Issues
- Learning Disorders
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
- Nutritional Support
- Breastfeeding Problems
Dr. Shirley T Lau has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 4 of 4
i talked about wanting to lose a few pounds that i felt was better for me. she told me i'm fine and don't need to lose weight. I told her about stretch marks and she said they're normal. the only thing she told me about before puberty about puberty was that i was going to throw a lot of tantrums. never happened. i told her that if something was wrong, i'd tell her. She kept asking me personal questions. ( i.e. how did you get rid of your acne? i never prescribed anything.if your stomach hurts, i can prescribe meds she made it seemed like it was so cool. i told her i'm fine. i'm always fine. can you just stop?)
38 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Mount Zion Medical Center University Ca
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsPediatric Medical Associates Of East Bay, 101 Callan Ave Ste 401, San Leandro, CA
Dr. Shirley T Lau is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Leandro, CA.