- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shirley H Lin
Dr. Shirley H Lin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Toms River, NJ. She has 45 years of experience. Her specialties include Hematology and Oncology and Hematology. She speaks English.
20 Hospital Dr
Toms River, NJ 08755
Book Online Now
Dr. Shirley H Lin has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
Dr. Shirley H Lin has the following 7 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
Showing 3 of 3
Will Never Forgive Dr. Hoh-Lin with my Father's Treatment
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shirley H Lin - Posted on August 15th, 2016
My Dad had Terminal Cancer and he complained of a horrible sore throat. Dr. Hoh-Lin said it was a virus. We took him ASAP to our Primary Doc, who immediately knew that my Dad's throat was burned from the radiation treatment. This Doc is an Oncology Specialist and she didn't know that? Sigh... There were other things. Just like another Reviewer wrote, in their review, this Doc would not talk to our family when we called to ask for her prognosis. A horrible Doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shirley H Lin - Posted on October 14th, 2011
Missed 20 lesions on breast. Didn't call in prescription. Wouldn't take my call and speak to me personally.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shirley H Lin - Posted on June 29th, 2010
45 Years Experience
National Taiwan University
Graduated in 1973
Dr. Shirley H Lin Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Shirley H Lin's office for more information.
20 Hospital Dr Toms River, NJ 08755
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Shirley H Lin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Toms River, NJ.