Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shirley C Pua has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Shirley C Pua has the following 11 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Weight Loss
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Shirley C Pua is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 15
The good doctor was on call the early hours of a Sunday morning and was upset about being needed, so she took it out on me in the emergency room at Mercy on the Lakes facility. Three different staff members gave me different accounts of what the good doctor had planned for me regarding being admitted and treated. When I asked HER about the different stories, the good doctor totally fruited out, first by telling me I was lucky she even responded to the call out and I had to be stupid to question her plan of action. The following night around 6 p.m. I was told by a nurse that according to lab results and by talking to the good doctor I was going to need blood . At around 11 p.m the finally graced me and the hospital staff with the "official" orders to proceed. Keep in mind this was after I'd been awake for over 36 hours and hadn't had anything but cold beef broth and ice water for almost 48 hours. Try sleeping in a hospital. The day of my surgery the good doctor didn't as munch as ask the nurses about my condition, let alone tell anyone at the lakes hospital she wouldn't be able to make it to the downtown hospital to do the surgery, she handed it off to someone else...Still haven't been contacted by the good doctor or her office.....Just too bad I can't give her less than one star.. She's about as poor an excuse for a professional as they come.STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE!!!!!!
Dr. Pua is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Santo Tomas
Graduated in 1981
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. Shirley C Pua accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
Locations & Directions
Dr. Shirley C Pua is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clive, IA.