Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shirley A Thomas MD
Dr. Shirley A Thomas has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Shirley A Thomas has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
Showing 5 of 5
A Heartfelt 5* Rating Which is
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shirley A Thomas - Posted on December 9th, 2018
Dr. Shirley Thomas has been my gyn physician for many years and I have never had an experience that I would consider to be less than a 5*. She has always been thorough and courteous. Even when I was far less than a 5* patient, experiencing a meltdown because I couldn't find her new location and was distraught at the idea of being late, she was nothing but understanding and calming. She has helped me through various medical issues with her competence and concern. I appreciate being able to put my health. in her hands.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shirley A Thomas - Posted on January 18th, 2016
I was mis-diagnosed.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shirley A Thomas - Posted on May 9th, 2015
I had a very bad experience with Dr Shirley Thomas. I was mis-diagnosed. I was told multiple things that i had a mis-carriage when I did not, there might be another baby in there, that the baby is outside the fallopian tubes etc.Actually I was having an ectopic pregnancy and had a life threatening mis-carriage due to the doctor's negligence. We trust in doctors and I lost it.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shirley A Thomas - Posted on May 31st, 2010
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shirley A Thomas - Posted on May 19th, 2008
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
39 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. Shirley A Thomas Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Ambetter from MHS HIX
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IU Health EMPLOYER PLAN
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY OF INDIANA, 13914 Southeastern Pkwy Ste 314, Fishers, IN
Dr. Shirley A Thomas is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Fishers, IN.