Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shiva S Krishna has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy & Immunology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Shiva S Krishna has the following 11 expertise
- Hay Fever
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Food Allergies
- Watery Eyes
Dr. Shiva S Krishna has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 16
My 3 year old daughter and I came for a "follow up visit" we waited 1 1/2 hours in the waiting room, finally got called back and waited almost another hour! I got there at 3:25 (my appt was at 3:30) and watched them call back people (not for just a shot) before us. I finally could not take it anymore, and walked out at 5:30 (they closed at 5:00). This is ridiculous and completely unacceptable. As I tried to leave he tried to pull out his medical tools and tried to check me with the door open and with no real cause. He obviously did this so he could bill my insurance and charge me a copay. I was only there to refill my prescription, and my daughter as well..over 2 hours... snack time and dinner has passed and now the traffic to get home. Completely unacceptable. There are other allergist in the city..I suggest you try another one. Seriously.
I went in for something and they test me for things that I did not have a problem with. I went in for my skin and the people there wrote on me with a ink pen to do their test. The women there are very unprofessional and just walks in the room holding a random conversation about other patients to the nurse or whatever she was. I sat in the room for the longest and the woman had to tell the doctor to come check on me. I was about to walk out. I ended of having to pay for test done that my insurance did not cover that I did not ask for. I thought it was procedure, so I went along with it. Never go here!!! I ended up going to see the dermatologist!!!
40 Years Experience
Government Medical College
Graduated in 1978
Cook County Hospital
Dr. Shiva S Krishna accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Shiva S Krishna is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Madison, AL.