Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shiva J Maralani has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
- Mohs Surgery (Dermatological Surgery)
- Prostate Surgery (Prostatectomy)
- Testicular Cancer (Seminoma)
- Testicular Diseases
- Fallen Bladder (Cystocele)
- Kidney Stones
- Pelvic Pain
- Testicular Hydrocele
- Urinary Diversion (Urinary Bladder Removal)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Urethral Stricture
- Reproductive Sterilization
- Penile Implantation
- Prostate Inflammation (Prostatitis)
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Erection lasting too long (Priapism)
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
- Balloon Dilatation
- Urethral Cancer
- Low-Level Laser Therapy
- Castration (Orchiectomy)
- Bladder Issues
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Adrenal Surgery (Adrenalectomy)
- Transcutaneous Electric Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
- Urologic Emergencies
- Bladder Removal (Cystectomy)
- Penile Prostheses
- Urinary Incontinence
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Electric Stimulation Therapy
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- HPV Type 6 (Human Papillomavirus)
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Maralani is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Dr. Shiva J Maralani accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMichigan Institute Of Urology, 11051 Hall Rd Ste 200, Utica, MI
Dr. Shiva J Maralani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Utica, MI.