Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shivani Chopra has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Forensic Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Shivani Chopra has the following 15 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
Dr. Shivani Chopra has 3 board certified specialties
Dr. Shivani Chopra is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Chopra is very nice and has a good bed side manner. I must say, however, that I was disappointed in the lack of time spent before diagnosing our child with attention deficit. Before making such a diagnosis and recommending medication, we wish Dr. Chopra had spent more time testing our child and conducting a complete analysis before making the diagnosis. Because we received another diagnosis that our child does not have ADHD, we are now going through the full battery of tests with another doctor. Dr. Chopra may very well be correct in her diagnosis, but we felt she rushed to this conclusion based on little information and very limited time spent with our child.
made me feel at ease. Incredibly smart, humble, nuturing and overall fantastic physician. I know that she is leaving UC DAVIS and I sincereley wish she didn't. she is truly remarkable for the care she gave. The extra time and effort and care which she put forth was really nore than any patient could ask for.
11 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2007
Dr. Shivani Chopra accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Shivani Chopra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.