Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shivani J Narasimhan
Dr. Shivani J Narasimhan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Annapolis, MD. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Narasimhan is affiliated with Anne Arundel Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Shivani J Narasimhan has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Shivani J Narasimhan has the following 18 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Endocrine Disorders
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Pregnancy Complications
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pituitary Diseases
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
Dr. Shivani J Narasimhan has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Shivani J Narasimhan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 40
Annapolis Endocrinologists cashed my check but did not credit it to my account. I wrote multiple detailed emails to try to get it resolved. They still did not credit it to the account. They had the gall to turn it over to a collection agency. When the agent contacted me, he was aghast that they were giving him bogus collections and dismissed it. So, a collection agency was more ethical than a physician's PA!
I can't remember how long the wait was as it was a while ago. What stands out in my mind was that she spent the first 5 minutes of her time with me talking about my insurance coverage, after her office staff had already done that. She quickly decided that I needed lap band surgery. I was overweight, but not the kind you look at with an open jaw. I decided to find another doctor, who helped me lose weight without surgery,
Dr. Narasimhan is part of Annapolis Endocrinologists which is a very dishonest practice. To detail all instances would require a lot of writing. To give just one instance: I paid a bill ($200), they cashed the check. They did not credit the payment to the account. I made *repeated* attempts with them to straighten out their error, but they did not. They submitted the bill to a credit bureau, despite having proof that they received payment for it. Their administrative department was rude, illogical and unethical.
Dr. Narasimhan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Shivani J Narasimhan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAnnapolis Endocrinology Associates, 108 Forbes St Fl 2, Annapolis, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shivani J Narasimhan in this video.
Dr. Shivani J Narasimhan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Annapolis, MD.