Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shlomo M Hellerstein has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Shlomo M Hellerstein has the following 8 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Shlomo M Hellerstein has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Shlomo M Hellerstein is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I have been going to Dr Hellerstein for almost 10 years now he takes time to listen to his patients and understand how they are feeling and what they need. Many doctors rush u in and out of their office and seem not to listen. But not Dr.Hellerstein. You may have to wait a little on a busy day, because all his patients are important to him. He makes me feel he truly cares about my well being. He is a good doctor. I am so happy I have him instead of one of those cold uncaring doctors I've had in the past. I definitely would recommend Dr. Hellerstein to anyone.
Doctor Hellerstein has been my doctor for over 15 years. I could not ask for a better doctor in the state of Indiana. His medical knowledge surpasses most other physicians. I have has medical emergencies in the past and Dr. Hellerstein has always been available. His nurse Dawna runs the office by herself and is always very polite and professional. If there is anyone who needs a great doctor I would suggest that you give Dr. Hellerstein and Dawna a call. You may have a long wait time but its worth every minute you spend. They make a great team if not the BEST in Indiana!!
I have been a patient of Dr. Hellerstein's for many years. His commitment to his patients well being is very good. If your diagnosis is not within his specialization, he has a vast amount of colleagues he collaborates with to insure you have the best treatment possible and is included / advised during treatment outside of him. Some indicate Dr. Hellerstein is late to appointments..to know Dr. Hellerstein is to know that he is sometimes late because he is taking the time to truly listen and understand each and every single one of his patients concerns.
Other than my immediate family he is #1 in my book! He saved my life thru pancreatitis in the emergency room & hospital of 35 days & had not even met me till then, I have been going to him since age of 42 and wld not even consider going elsewhere! Yes u have to wait sometimes but he gives u the same attention as everyone else and his nurse is very caring and gives u all her attention when needed. I have never had any problems reaching him thru his answering service at any time of the day or night! I would recommend him to anyone that needs a dr. no matter what your age. Its the kind of office that makes you feel cared about! Looking for a dr? - he is the one - A #1 rating in my book!
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Dr. Shlomo M Hellerstein accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Shlomo M Hellerstein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.