Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shobhana J Kamdar has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Shobhana J Kamdar has the following 7 expertise
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 24
Dr Kamdar saw my child from birth until age 4. I loved everything about her and her staff's interaction with my child. But not only was she there for my child but she was encouraging to me. We moved 60 miles away and we were unable to see her for the last two years but we are moving back at the end of the month and she is one of the first changes I made on my return. I can't wait to make the appointment and return for a visit. She enlightens me.
This place is by far the worst Pediatric Clinic ever.. You always have to wait hours to be seen. I took my son there because he has had an ongoing fever of 102 degrees for a couple of days and they told me to come back at another time. The doctor was in but she didnt want to be bothered with it. They do not care about your kids. Im always calling because i have to stay on top of them to make sure its done. Ive been waiting two weeks for my son's prescription. Its always some excuse with them. The clinic needs to be closed down.
The grade is below poor-fair. Horrible services. Be ready to miss work when your child visits this doctor. I would never recommend to anybody. Very rude, unprofessional, disorganized, inconsiderate staff. Every time I make an appointment, I still go and wait for 3 hrs before we see a doctor...makes me wonder just what appointments mean to these people. Why waste time making an appointment when the wait is still 3 hrs? My daughter recently received shots from this office. When I went back 3 weeks later to obtain a copy of the vaccine record, there was nothing on my daughter's records showing that she had received shots. I mean, this doctor gave my child a vaccine and did not record it on her file? Just how careless! Thank God I went back soon enough to remember. So had I not remembered, the child would have received another dose of shots?? Parents beware!My children and all of my friends kids will never ever step foot in this doctor's office. Horrible is an understatement.
We arrived for a follow up from the ER for my son, he had a left inner ear infection diagnosed there. When we arrived for the appointment the wait was an hour just in the waiting room, and another hour back in the room. I was about to walk out when she came around the corner and said she would be in right away. Dr. Kamdar examined him and said he had fluid in his ears and sent him away(not with antibiotics) but with a flu mist and flouride for his teeth. I left there and went to the ER where I found out he now has a double ear infection.
49 Years Experience
Bj Medical College
Graduated in 1969
Driscoll Childrens Hospital
Dr. Shobhana J Kamdar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBear Creek Pediatric Clinic, 4654 Highway 6 N Ste 307, Houston, TX
Dr. Shobhana J Kamdar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.