Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shobi Sundar has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Sundar is very caring and takes the time to listen to all your concerns. I agree with a previous post that she does tend to order a lot of tests and referrals to specialists but, with that being said, she is extremely thorough. I ended up leaving the practice as a result of the medical assistants, nursing, and office staff making errors and giving me inaccurate information on several occasions. Although I loved Dr. Sundar, I felt as though my care was being compromised by other staff members.
She ordered multiple unnecessary tests that I now have to pay for out of pocket. Still paying - on a payment plan. It was my first and last visit to her. She so much as said that she was ordering all these blood tests because she was unsure about which one was the right one. She could have had someone on her staff call over (or walk over since they're in the same office) to the lab and ask. Instead I'm left footing the bill.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
30 Years Experience
Stanley Medical College
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Shobi Sundar accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Shobi Sundar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fall River, MA.