Dr. Shon Cook Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Shon Cook?

Great Staff, Great Doctor!

Posted on May 8th, 2017

I have always appreciated the kind staff and expertise at Dr. Shon Cook's office. My questions and concerns are answered promptly. I feel they go above and beyond to make sure their patients are well-informed and receive great care. I would recommend Dr. Cook to anyone.

Has friends writing reviews

Posted on March 4th, 2017

ALL HIS GOOD REVIEWS MUST BE BY STAFF OR FRIENDS. IT'S COMPLETELY MADE UP. HE IS AWFUL, AND NO WAY ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD RECOMMEND HIM!!!!

VERY UNPROFESSIONAL

Posted on March 4th, 2017

I was referred to this so called doctor, He told his nurse to tell me after supposedly looking at my MRI to exercise and lose weight. Didn't bother seeing me, I have several slipped disc's and spurs throughout my spine..... I can't hardly walk much less exercise!!! 2 others specialist recommend surgery. Never saw him and glad I didn't. Very Very unprofessional sorry excuse for a doctor.

Really?

Posted on June 15th, 2016

This doctor's main focus was not on what I was there for. His bedside manner was zero. He was condecending and rude. He blamed all of my problems on my weight and not the ruptured disc (um excuse me that is a laymen's term) his words, in my neck. Um yeah, he was a real jerk! Three other doctors recommended surgery. After they looked at all of the MRI's and records and me as a whole. I was referred to him only because my last surgeon was concerned about the length of the surgery as an out patient.

Dr. Cook improved my quality of life quickly without pain

Posted on January 9th, 2016

I put my severe case of double Carpel Tunnel surgery off for several years mainly because I was not willing to endure to the long, painful commitment of the method other surgeons wanted to use. I was referred to Dr. Cook by a friend and was immediately satisfied and felt comfortable with what he proposed. He explained the procedure very clearly using different methods including video of the actual procedure and scheduled the procedure for 2 weeks later. The surgery was very quick, near painless and exactly as Dr. Cook described. Now for the good part...the actual day of surgery I felt really good. I could do "bathroom stuff" on my own, I did not need pain pills as my level never exceeded a 2-3 at worst, usually a 0-1. When I attempted to use my hands above reasonable limits it was painful but only for a few seconds. I went to work the 2nd day on light duty because I was going stir crazy just sitting at home feeling as good as I did. By the 3rd day I could grip a beer bottle comfortably. At 8 days I went mountain biking with only mild discomfort occasionally through the ride. At 10 days I fulfilled my ultimate goal and 90% of the reason I elected to have the procedure and that is pounding the rugged dirt bike motorcycle trails. I was so nervous to get on the trails not knowing what to expect but it felt so good to ride my bike without my hands going numb I was honestly so emotionally charged I was able to ride harder and faster than I could prior to the procedure just 10 days ago. After a 2 hour ride I had nothing more than a very mild ache that went away shortly after the ride. I cannot imagine how great it will be a few weeks down the road. The occasional discomforts from awkward angles or lifting things I shouldn't is still there at a very small level but fading further away every day with measurable differences. Dr. Cook improved my quality of life in such a short time with minimal time commitments or discomforts. I could not imagine why anyone would use the "old school" methods for this procedure slicing your hands open and dealing with months of recovery and rehab. He only had to cut a very small slit in a wrinkle on each wrist to perform the Endoscopic procedure and did not even need stitches. In short, I highly recommend Dr. Cook and his advanced methods he used making this once dreaded procedure nothing more than a mildly inconvenient week. Thanks doc!

Pain in the neck

Posted on October 15th, 2015

Dr Cook and his staff are very friendly and professional. Mrs Misty Armstrong is very knowledgable and helpful in Dr Cook's absence. Dr. Cook performed neck surgery two weeks ago and the surgery was very successful. Excellent surgeon and the after care is excellent also. Thanks to Dr Cook I am no longer have numbness and pain in my neck. Miss Harris also made a special effort to insure I received the bone stimulator in a timely manner. Thanks to all the staff for the excellent care. Dr Cook took the time to use his laptop and explain in detail the problems in my neck and the office atmosphere is very professional yet relaxed.

Great overall experience

Posted on October 9th, 2015

At first I felt like it was taking forever to be seen by Dr.Shon Cook, but it taking so long was worth the wait. Knowing it took so long because he wanted to make sure he wasn't waisting my time, he new exactly everything necessary, and needed for the procedure. He did an extraordinary job on my back, removing my lower back rods, and screws. All the staff was friendly, new what they needed, very prosise. This is the second day after my sergury and I feel better than I thought I would, and he made sure I had plenty of pain meds to be comfortable through the recovery, I feel is very important. Overall I am very pleased and will return to him for any future surgeries and will suggest him for others.

Posted on September 29th, 2015

Excellent experience all the way around. I highly recommend this office and surgeon

Thank you Dr. Cook

Posted on July 3rd, 2015

I have (or had) a "severely herniated L5-S1" disc. I was in so much pain for 3 months I couldn't hold my new-born baby or tie my shoes, and was really depressed. Two specialists prior to Dr. Cook said I was a good candidate for surgery and would likely never feel my toes again. After standing in Dr. Cook's office (because it hurt to sit) he reviewed my MRI and said, "it's too early to do surgery". Thank you for being conservative and NOT "quick to want to cut" as I have read in another review. Dr. Cook sent me to pain management a little over a year ago. I received one epidural steroid shot and have been 98% better. I realize I will never be the same but this level of pain is tolerable. I took it slow, took my advil, soaked in hot tubs, and did everything to maximize my chance of healing - I was lucky. I haven't been back to see pain management or Dr. Cook since. He is a great and caring doctor who looks for exactly what is best for his patients. If I ever need surgery I know who to call. (PS I had a long office wait, turns out, Dr. Cook was called in for emergency surgery - and still saw me because I showed up 10 min early and was already there. He went directly from my appointment to saving a patient's ability to walk. Be patient - you never know what's going on behind the scene.)

patient

Posted on May 29th, 2015

dr cook and staff are professional in every way and his diagnosis, surgery and treatment of my spinal cord problem was very much appreciated...thank you again....dr cook !!

Simply the Best!

Posted on February 18th, 2015

The world needs to know who's changing it. Thank you Dr. Cook and Team!

Posted on January 22nd, 2015

I would highly recommend Dr. Cook and his staff!