Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shon E Meek has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Nutrition Disorders
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Cushing Disease
Showing 5 of 9
While the location is convenient, the facility noteworthy (Mayo) and all staff including Dr Meek very pleasant, Dr Meek exhibited each and every visit a general lack of caring (or perhaps ability) to listen and to look beyond anything basic so very frustrating and in truth, a complete waste of my time, my money and my health.
I should have been told, in advance, that it is the policy of Endocrinology Department at Mayo/Jacksonville to only see new patients for first visit and lab review only. I was told at end of appointment that any future visits, if I remained, would be with nurse practitioner. I went to a lot of trouble to gather records and travel....waste of time. And, I doubt this is true with all doctors here, according to fellow Type 1 Diabetic friends. Waste of time. Expensive Bait and switch tactic. I clearly stated with appointment desk that I wished to get established with a new Endocrinologist.
27 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Shon E Meek accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMayo Clinic Hospital, 4500 San Pablo Rd S, Jacksonville, FL
Dr. Shon E Meek is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.