Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shoshana V Kiprov
Dr. Shoshana V Kiprov, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Berkeley, CA. She has 45 years of experience. Her specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Kiprov is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus. She speaks English.
Dr. Shoshana V Kiprov has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Eye Exam
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Macular Degeneration
- Eye Pain
- Vision Issues
- Lasik Surgery
Showing 4 of 4
It was time for a thorough eye exam, and on my primary care physician's recommendation, I arranged to see Dr. Kiprov. In every respect, my experience was excellent: a brief wait in a nicely-appointed waiting room, attentive and pleasant staff, an efficient examand an ophthalmologist with a good sense of humor. Dr. Kiprov's explanation of her findings, diagnosis, and treatment recommendations were clear and conies. I recommend her unconditionally.
Dr. Kiprov saw me quickly after I phoned. UC Optometry was not helpful and couldn't see me for another 1.5 days. She diagnosed an infection, assured me I had no scratches on my cornea and wrote me a prescription.If you're looking for young and bubbly keep looking. If 33 years of experience means to you what is does to me, she's certainly worth a try.Health care is broken in America. Insurance companies ARE DEATH PANELS. Doctors deserve to get paid for their work just like anyone else and what happens with insurance is not their fault. I might not have gotten this infection if my insurance hadn't denied the first medication the UC doc prescribed and I hadn't have had to wait a day. So, I don't blame the doctor. Recognize that what you say here becomes part of their cumulative rating.
Dr. Kiprov is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Medical University Sofia
Graduated in 1973
Dr. Shoshana V Kiprov accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKiprov & Goloff Medical Group, 3000 Colby St Ste 105, Berkeley, CA
Dr. Shoshana V Kiprov is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Berkeley, CA.